Tuesday, July 15, 2014

My Treat Wednesdays: Introduction

     This year is my last year in high school. Yep that's right, I'm a Senior....I still can't quite believe I will be 18 in a couple months and off to college next August. My parents, being the awesome parents that they are, have for the past year or so have been giving me an allowance that I must budget so I can get all the things I need, it has taught me the importance of budgeting and keeping track of my money. Now my lessons to help prepare me for life are going in to phase two. 
     I'll be in charge of Wednesday night meals, also known as dinner, until I go off to college (and probably when I come home for the summer and breaks and what not). I will be doing a new blog series called My Treat Wednesdays. So here are the rules: 1) It must be healthy 2) I can't cook the same meal twice, I must pick a new recipe every week 3) I have around $20 to spend which means finding fresh, healthy food on a budget (yet another life lesson). I will be writing up a blog post every Wednesday telling y'all what I cooked along with pictures. I am excited to experiment with food and try some new recipes.  I will be doing a lot of American food, some French food, and any other international dish that looks yummy and my family will eat. I guess that means no frog legs, not that I would know where to get those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment