Thanksgiving is here and I have so many things to be thankful for. God has blessed me beyond measure and this is a list of 11 things I am thankful for (because 10 is boring).
1. Amazing friends who go see movies with me and laugh and cry with me. Friends who are with me through thick and thin. Friends I will never forget. And those few who are no longer friends but family.
2. Family...do I really need to say more here? I have an amazingly sweet brother and imaginative sister. I have a mother and a father who not only care but invest in me. And my grandparents and Aunts and Uncles. are awesome
3. Books! I can't live without my books. They are my oxygen, I can't function without them. (A detailed post on the reason this is to come...in the future...some time)
4. Tea. A yummy delicious drink which had gotten me through many cold mornings and difficult situations.
5. Music. I love music and the ability to access so much of my favorite music instantly.
6. A roof over my head and food in my stomach
7. A Lord and Savior who cares deeply about me personally and will never leave me.
8. Oh this is a big one....The ability to learn!!!!
9. Speech and Debate. This category includes Extemp, Parli, Team Policy, Apologetics, and many more
10. Writing. The ability for me to write and learn what I think. To create worlds and characters. To give back to the community who gave so much to me.
11. Opportunity. I have so many opportunities on a daily basis. To learn, speak, participate, and defend.
Yep my life is good now I must brace my self for the oncoming storm of Christmas tomorrow *sigh*. Why can't it wait till December?
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Note: Not only will there be spoilers in this post but if you haven't read the book or seen the movie you may be very confused. You have been warned.
Let's talk about actors. One in particular. Jenifer Lawrence was ten time better in this movie then in the first one. Her face during the elevator scene with Joanna was priceless. Despite the awkwardness of the scene I couldn't help laughing. Her reactions was perfect during the Mokingbirds and when Cinna was killed. Come to think about it Jenifer Lawrence's facial expression pretty much made her part in the movie. She is getting really good at displaying several emotions at the same time. Fear. Pain. Anger. Sadness. She is a very three dimensional character something that I appreciate. I honestly have nothing bad to say about any of the fantastic cast.
This movie made me love Hunger Games even more and I can't wait for the next movie but I am not prepared for what happens to Peeta and Finnick.