Friday, January 3, 2014

Favorite Books of 2013

Happy (late) New Year! Last year I read 42 books just shy of my goal of 50. This is partly because I didn't read as much during this summer as I wanted. Oh well better luck this year! So here are my top books of 2013. They are not in order of which ones I liked best because once I can't get place them.

Fiction

The Book Thief by  Markus Zusak: I loved this book. It is about a little girl named Liesel and she steals books. For a book lover this is a fantastic book. It takes place during WWII and is narrated by Death. I couldn't put this down seriously guys you should read it!


Matched by Ally Condie: This book has gotten a lot of mixed reviews. A lot of people thought there was no conflict but they don't realize that all of the conflict is internal. I usually don't read books set in the future but that seems to be changing. Anyway this was another book I couldn't put down and I just bought the next one. I enjoyed it and can't wait to keep reading the series.

The Cadet of Tildor by Alex Lidell: I really hope there is going to be another book. Although it was a satisfying ending I was left with a lot of unanswered questions. I really, really want a second book...like a lot.

Waterfall and Cascade by Lisa T. Bergren: Ok, I know these are two books but the series are so interconnected that they are pretty much one book. The second book takes up almost exactly where the first book ends. In fact the second books starts like five minutes after the first book ends. This is a fantasy romance and very fast paced. Each book ends in a cliffhanger so I would suggest getting all of the books at one time.


Non-Fiction

I only read a couple of these so I only have the top book. And the winner is *drumroll*



The Art of War for Writers by James Scott Bell: If you are a writer this is a must have. Each 'chapter' is short one or two pages on average. I learned a heck of a lot from this book and it was very well written.



No comments:

Post a Comment