Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Top 5 Free News Podcasts

I listen to the news...a lot. Sometimes I don't have access to the internet so I like to listen to podcasts which I have downloaded on my phone. Here are my top 5 news podcasts.

1. The Economist: Week Ahead
     This podcast takes the top three stories that will be featured in the next week. It is a great and quick listen that let's you know what to pay attention to. It also gives you a quick background/overview of the issue. This podcast is updated once a week.

2. BBC World Service: Global News
     This is a thirty minute podcast updated every other day (sometimes more often). I love BBC's analysis. It is a little liberal but they do a pretty good job at keeping the bias at a minimum. They take the top stories from all of their news services and combine them into one podcast.

3. The Economist: All Audio and Special Reports
    These two podcasts are like the Week Ahead but they focus on the news of the day. Having all three of the Economist podcasts will give you a general yet well rounded idea of what is going on in the world.

4. CARO Institute's Daily Podcast
    This podcast mainly focuses on economic topics and it is not always common man in the sense they use quite a bit of economic language however their analysis is good and shows pretty interesting (in my opinion)

5. BBC: Best of Today
    Several of these 2-3 minute podcasts are out every day and focus on one event. I like this podcast because they report on a plethora of news stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment