Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

Father, friend, dad, superhero, protector, mentor. All these are different names for dads. They are our protectors, playmates, mentors, and superheros. They sacrifice much and seem to gain so little in return.  They teach us all they know and walk along with us as we go through our own lives. I remember many long nights and car rides my dad and I have had where we talked about anything from fishing to case ideas to politics or just sat and watched nature shows wondering at the marvel of God's creation. Also the days spent hiking, golfing, or at the archery range. All these are treasured times and I hope we will have many more. I know many dads who struggle every day to be the best dad they can be and while they are not perfect (I mean who is) they come pretty close. Take a moment to thank your dads for all those talks, trips to the ice cream parlor, and all the sacrifices he has made for you. Happy Fathers day to all you wonderful fathers out there. You truly are our superheros. 

No comments:

Post a Comment